Saturday 6 August 2016

Devastating disaster!!

As I maneuvered my way slowly through the cracks in the pavement towards the red zone,laid before me sharp shards of stone scattered among the dull lifeless streets if Christchurch.

I stared in disbelief at the at the desolate area.
"What happened to this city"? Madaline said curiously.
"A 6.3 magnitude earthquake"! I murmured.
"It's devastating"mum mumbled a tear dripped down her pale face. As I lumbered my was down the alleyway, I took a sharp right and that's when...

I saw it the CTV building once three story but now nothing only piles of cracked rubble. 
"Its a mess!!" Madaline proclaimed
"I can't imagine what it would have been like for the people in the building at the time of the earthquake" I said.

115 souls extinguished in a heartbeat almost as long as it took me to write this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Internet plagiarism

There’s nothing more infuriating than someone taking credit for your work. We want to believe that our work speaks for itself. But “in the r...